primavera

Christian Missionaries

Thursday, July 14, 2005

It has been a while since I last wrote but I wanted to give everyone and update. The past few weeks have been fantastic. I have felt very challenged lately now that I am half way through my time here in Rome. I came with a purpose of spending good quality time with God and to really surrender everything. I came also to really seek what God was calling me to do. Well I have a lot of possiblities in my head right now so the time has been good but nothing solid. I am still constantly seeking and waiting. A lot of waiting. I was challenged earlier in the week with a verse from 1 Kings 19 where it speaks of how God does not come inthe earthquake or fire but how he comes and speaks in a small whisper. The challenge for me is that where I find myself right now is looking for the big earhtquake or fire to hear from God and putting aside the small whispers. But they are equally important.

Another challenge came this morning during our morning prayer time. We were talking about faith and God moving and calling us to do certain things. I too often limit God - I put him in my little box and give him the guidelines. But that is not what I should be doing especially now as I wait to hear about the next season. I need to take God out of my box and let Him work the way He wants to - the way that He can. And when He calls me to do something to have faith the size of a mustard seed to do it. This week we were with a team of Americans (YEAH! people who talk like me!!!) from California. That was not the crazy part though. The crazy part was that as we got to know each other we realized that one of my best friends works for their church. It was amazing. It was so cool and proved what I am trying to say even more. I would have never imagined that anything would ever happen like that. But God being much bigger took that and showed me that He is WAY bigger. So now as I continue to my time in Rome and prepare to head back to the states in a few weeks I am going to be intentional to really hearthose small voices that come, to not limit what God can do but to pray expectantly and to remember that God is way bigger than anything I can imagine.

We hav been into the refugee camp this week also. The kids there are so great. I have really enjoyed getting to spend time with them. They are all special in their own way. I am surprised everytime I go in there and spend time with them. And the amazing God story from last week came when we went into Rome to do some homeless ministry. We ran into a guy by the name of Santo who is a lepor and homeless. He became a Christian in March. We went to give him some food and began to pray for him. He in turn pulled out his Bible and began to read Psalm 46 to us. And then started to pray for us. It was incredible to see how God took this man that the world thinks of us nothing to bless us when our purpose was to draw him closer to God and to help him with the little that we could. God used Santo to encourage and bless us as we went about serving Him in Rome. It just goes to show that God can use anyone and anything to bring people into Him presence. Thank you for your prayers! God Bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home