primavera

Christian Missionaries

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Well we now have Emma here (Andrea's sister) until Saturday evening. She, Andrea, Jess, John & the Hungarians have headed into Rome whilst I rest my foot (really need to be able to walk okay by Saturday - please pray), and try and get our car fixed. The exhaust broke on Saturday - a clean break right in the middle - and it makes a racket! It's quite fun really but think that Andrea and the neighbours would prefer it back to normal.

Andrea took Jess and John to expereience the Italian post office system yesterday to send about 10 postcards to the States, Hungary and Slovakia. The worker there weighed each postcard individually and then put large barcode stamps over the writing and it took ages, oh yeah and they were all the same price. Italy is currently doing away with stamps in favour of tracking barcodes. I think that they were only there for about 45 mins, one time I spent 2 hours queuing to post a letter! It really is a joke especially when you see people reading papers and chatting whilst you queue up with 100 other people for an hour. There are probably about 20 or so people who work (or at least should work when they aren't laying around) there and I've never seen more than 6 working at any one time. One of the quaint things about this neck of the woods :-) Oh yeah and they didn't know where Slovakia was. Most amusing

We went to a birthday party at the church in Frascati last night for one of the girls there and took our TV and playstation and played on a kareoke game, un(fortunatly) I didn't take a camera. John was very good though as was Andrea - I was awful, but hey at least I know it :-)

I posted some more pictures yesterday - Vatican, Florence, Time of Pope's death, Viterbo and Tivoli sections. As well as putting on a video section - currently only an amazing coule of minutes before a footy game kicks off in this section.

Liz Lovell has sent me an email taking me through the learning circle regarding my foot injury:

How are your feet Tchad? Have you gone round the learning circle? - ie
observe - feet raw and hurting
reflect - why? because I was stupid trying to play footie without shoes
discuss - yes this was a silly thing to do
plan - don't do it again
account - I will not do this again
act - don't do it again

:-)

Please pray for our continued preparation for the team from Oxford Vineyard coming to serve us from Sat for a week.

Just adding a Sicily phot section from when Andrea, Cinzia, Sofia and I went for a few days in April 05 to see if it was right for us all to go there next. Check out the Mount Etna pictures and the engulfed buildings also the Andrea trying to fly in 90 mile an hour winds over one of the craters. Sam Lovell your rocks came from where Andrea is standing!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    good to see you've finally got to grips with using a computer and decided to blog. It's good to be able to keep track of what the westerns are up to!!

    I think Liz Lovell has got it spot on with her learning circle ;-)Tchad, just remember!!

    Liz B

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Tchad said…

    Yeah she was spot on :-) I have learnt my lesson :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home