primavera

Christian Missionaries

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It has already almost been two weeks since I first arrived here in Rome. I can't believe how quickly time has gone. I was here in March for ten days and loved it. When I got back to Charleston I kept praying and knew that God was saying come back. I was not and still am not completely sure why but here I am. Each day God is showing me more and more of why I am here. It is amazing to be able to take a step outside of what I normally do (right now if I was at home I would be getting ready to take 40 some teenagers to the Bahamas for a week long mission) and just spend time with God in a community aspect. I feel like I am watching Acts 2 where it speaks of the fellowship of believers take place.

This week has been fantastic. 24 hours of prayer was amazing. I think that everyone felt God and heard him speak - I know that I did. And even though it is a busy week and I am getting to the point of being tired physically in other ways I feel at peace and rested for the first time in a long time. I almost feel recharged in a sense.

I am excited about the rest of my time here. I came with a lot of questions and hopes about my time here. And I know that this is the right place to be to spend time with God taking them all to Him to show the way. In the past week I have already heard Him speak so clearly and am continuing to seek His face with this community.

And for the record the heat is just rising. It is amazing. I live in a pretty hot climate (Charleston, South Carolina) where I thought was the hottest place but I have never been in heat like this. 45 degrees Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home